MIPEX-02 is a fully digital, microchip-based NDIR optical gas sensor of an industry-standard size relying on a proprietary LED technology and offering uniquely low power consumption (under 3 mW). Designed for ultimate performance and application in the most hazardous and toxic environments, this sensor demonstrates remarkable reliability, accuracy of measurement and reaction to growing gas concentration.
MIPEX-02 methane and hydrocarbons sensors can be used in virtually any type of gas analysis devices and come in a variety of configurations tailored to the needs of major customer groups and application scenarios. Featuring a microcontroller and a modern digital interface, the sensors are capable of performing self-diagnostics for higher fault tolerance and applying special algorithms to ensure a linearized output signal. The same microcontroller, coupled with the photo detector, patented LED emitter and signal processing algorithms, makes for fast gas detection and protection from temperature fluctuations.
- Ultra-low power consumption – less than 1.5 mW. (microWatt)
- Fully digital
- Durable stainless-steel and plastic housings.
- Fast response time (T90 < 20 s).
- Smart sensor with embedded microcontroller returns linearized, temperature-compensated output data (-40…+60 °C).
- Industry standard size (⌀20.3 × 16.6 mm).
- Provides intrinsically safe explosion protection level “ia”.
- Does not require metal-ceramic filters (sinters).
Marking and Standards Compliance
- Ex ia I Ma/Ex ia IIC Ga acc. to IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-11. -55 ≤ Ta ≤ +60 °C;
- IM 1/II 1 G Ex ia I Ma/Ex ia IIC Ga acc. to EN 60079-0, EN 60079-11. -55 ≤ Ta ≤ +60 °C;
- Class I, Division 1, Group A,B,C,D, CONFORMS TO UL Std.913, 60079-0, 60079-11, CERT. TO CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No. 157-92
Warning! Sensor is currently under recertification!