NDIR Gas Sensor
Meet the world’s lowest power infrared combustible gas sensor. The revolutionary MIPEX-04 line of our NDIR sensors offers an unprecedentedly low level of power consumption not found in any other methane sensor on the market. Being up to 1000+ times more energy-efficient than its closest competitors, MIPEX-04 turns a new page in the history of compact gas sensors and creates a solid foundation for an entire market of long-lasting, battery-powered, non-serviceable combustible gas clip detectors. MIPEX-04 comes with the same digital UART interface found in other MIPEX products and can be fine-tuned for particular operating conditions and usage scenarios. With extremely low power consumption, measurement accuracy and compatibility with industry-standard interfaces, MIPEX-04 is a perfect candidate for a whole new market of modern multi-gas analysis systems, portable gas detectors and fixed gas detection systems deployed at locations with the most demanding requirements for the duration of autonomous operation and reliability.
- Target application: clip combustible gas detectors for industrial safety.
- Allows designing clip gas detector lasting no less than 24 months without charge.
- Lowest available power consumption among combustible gas sensors. Average operating current is less than 35 microAmps.
- Smart sensor with embedded microcontroller returns linearized, temperature-compensated output data.
- Measurement range up to 100% vol. for methane (CH4) or up to 2.5% vol. for propane (C3H8).
- Provides intrinsically safe explosion protection level “ia” which does not need metal-ceramic filters (sinters).
Marking and Standards Compliance:
- IECEx ITS 19.0005U
- Ex ia I / Ex ia IIC Ga, -40 ≤ Ta ≤ +60 °C
Sensor complies with IEC/EN 60079-0, IEC/EN 60079-11:
- Explosion protection level – “ia”.
- Hazardous area class (Electrical equipment group) – “I” and “IIC”.
Sensor is suitable for use within end equipment with temperature classes T1-T6 at maximum ambient temperature of +60 °C.
MIPEX-04 has ETL certification when the logo ETL is present on the sensor. The details of ETL certification are as follows:
- Group I, II, Zone 0, 1, 2 or
- Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C, D, T6
Note: T6 temperature code is based on +60 °С ambient