The highly advanced MIPEX-14 portable gas sensor has an LED based dual beam and dual wavelength technology. The operating principle of the sensor is based on NDIR technology, that is, on selective absorption of LED produced infrared radiation by gas molecules. It is intended for fixed and portable no-maintenance gas detectors for industrial safety with automatic continuous measurement of the concentration of hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere of hazardous areas. It has a differential dual beam and dual wavelength method that allows for compensation of aging parts, optical element impurity and other non-selective hindrances, which provides an extremely high stability of operation.
- Target application: fixed and portable no-maintenance gas detectors for industrial safety.
- Allows designing battery operated gas detector lasting no less than 12 months without charge.
- Average operating current is less than 300 microAmps.
- Smart sensor with embedded microcontroller returns linearized, temperature-compensated output data.
- LED based dual beam / dual wavelength technology.
- Provides intrinsically safe explosion protection level “ia” which does not need metal-ceramic filters.
- 50 ppm for methane (CH4)
- 20 ppm for propane (C3H8)
- 100% vol. for methane (CH4)
- 2.5% vol. for propane (C3H8)
Marking and Standards Compliance
- Sensor is not certified.
- Sensor is designed in accordance with standards:
IEC/ BS EN 60079-0 and IEC/BS EN 60079-11:
- Explosion protection level – “ia”;
- Hazardous area class (Electrical equipment group) – “I” and “IIC”;
- Temperature class – “T6”.
- Intrinsic safety parameters: Pi = 0.13 W, Ui = 5.4 V, Ii = 200 mA, Ci = 58.1 μF, Li = 0 mH.
UL913, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60079-11:
- Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C, D.
- Intrinsic safety parameters: Pmax = 0.13 W, Umax = 5.4 V, Imax = 200 mA, Ci = 58.1 μF, Li = 0 mH.
- MIPEX-14 optical radiation power is less than 15 mW.
Sensor is suitable for use within end equipment with temperature classes T1-T6 at maximum ambient
temperature of +60 °C.
Certificates / Declarations of conformity
- RoHS 2 Compliant – Directive 2011/65/EU
- RoHS 3 Compliant – EU Directive 2015/863